The Lock Shop is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured. We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details with anyone. We use this information to identify your orders, provide you with our monthly newsletter (if applicable) and to personalise your shopping experience with us; that's all.
Whenever you use our web site, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its "IP address," and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site.
From a computer's IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous. We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes.
An example of this would be when proceeding to a checkout to finalise an order you may wish to make. After completing the form provided, your IP address will be stored along with a transaction number that allows us to track your order.
When purchasing from The Lock Shop your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our customer support centre - firstname.lastname@example.org
When you place an order with The Lock Shop, we receive an order notification from our host supplier and then payment confirmation from either Pay Pal or from your credit card supplier.
All of The Lock Shop orders are sent by standard mail or courier via Australia post or TNT.
If our supplier/s have no stock of the product/s you have selected we will let you know of this as soon as possible and inform you of when we will receive stock or we can issue you an immediate refund through Pay Pal or your credit card supplier.
- All orders over $75 are delivered free to anywhere in Australia (excluding safes). Orders under $75 will incur a $9.90 postage & handling fee.
- Delivery costs on safes will be automatically calculated upon checking depending on your location in Australia. (You must select the safe shipping method.)
Dispatch Time Frame:
- Please note we are a distributor, NOT a manufacturer. This means that we will stock the most common items and dispatch within 3 business days however it is impossible to keep all variations from all of our suppliers in stock. Due to this dispatch times may vary depending on your chosen products (as shown below). This is to be used as a guide only and is not guaranteed for all purchases.
5-7 Business Days:
ASSA ABLOY (Lockwood, Whitco, Yale etc)
3-4 Business Days:
2-3 Business Days:
- Factors that will affect this time include: Large orders, ordering from multiple brands, keying alike or to sample keys etc. Certain items will clearly note an extended waiting time such as Lockwood products or items that are MTO (Made to order).
- We make every effort to dispatch your order within 3 business days, however due to the above reasons we cannot guarantee this. If you want further information on this please contact us.
- Once your parcel has been dispatched we will notify you of your tracking number so you can track your parcel location and ETA. Please be aware that once your parcel has left our warehouse, any updates or tracking details must be taken up with the relevant courier company, NOT our office.
- If you require express postage please contact us on (03) 9877 7844 to check we have your chosen product required in stock. Please note, an additional charge will apply.
In Store Collection:
- In store collection is available from 5/66 Railway Road, Blackburn VIC 3130. If you have chosen this option upon checkout, please wait for us to contact you to confirm your product is ready for collection. Unfortunately we can't stock all products on our website so there may be a lead time until products are available.
- We do not currently offer international shipping through our website, but if you are after something in particular please contact us at email@example.com so we can create a custom quote for you. Please be aware that we will not be liable for any import/customs costs.
- All 'keyed alike' orders will come with two keys per order unless extra keys have been added to the cart. You can purchase additional keys HERE.
- All 'keyed to differ' locks will come with two keys per lock.
Here at The Lock Shop we will always do our best to ensure you, the customer, are happy with the product(s) you have purchased from us. If you are unsure of any terminology in our product listing, or are unsure if the product will suit your application, please contact us before purchase to confirm that it will suit your requirement. We would prefer to help you get it right the first time.
If for some reason the product you receive is not suitable you can return the items to us but please be aware you will be charged a re-stocking fee. This is charged to us from our suppliers so in most cases it can not be waived. Postage costs to and from will also be covered by yourself. Please contact us before returning items. Please see manufacturer lists below for re-stocking fees:
- Lockwood - 20%
- Gainsborough - 20%
- Tradco - 20%
- Yale - 20%
- Nidus - 10%
- N2Lok - 10%
- Brava - 10%
- Any other brand/supplier re-stocking other than the suppliers listed above will be judged on a case by case basis.
You must notify us, in writing, within 7 days of receipt of goods if you wish to return any product(s) you deem faulty or damaged. All returns must be approved by us.