The Lock Shop is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured. We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details with anyone. We use this information to identify your orders, provide you with our monthly newsletter (if applicable) and to personalise your shopping experience with us; that's all.
Whenever you use our web site, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its "IP address," and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site.
From a computer's IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous. We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes.
An example of this would be when proceeding to a checkout to finalise an order you may wish to make. After completing the form provided, your IP address will be stored along with a transaction number that allows us to track your order.
When purchasing from The Lock Shop your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our customer support centre - firstname.lastname@example.org
When you place an order with The Lock Shop, we receive an order notification from our host supplier and then payment confirmation from either Pay Pal or from your credit card supplier.
When shipping your orders, we will decide the best courier/mail service to use based on your location and the items you have ordered. These companies include (but are not limited to); Australia Post, TNT & StarTrack. Please if you have any special requests please let us know in the 'notes' section of your order, although we cannot guarantee the use of specific services or dates of delivery.
If our supplier/s have no stock of the product/s you have selected we will let you know of this as soon as possible and inform you of when we will receive stock or we can issue you an immediate refund through Pay Pal or your credit card supplier.
- All orders over $99 are delivered free to anywhere in Australia (excluding safes). Orders under $99 will incur a $9.90 postage & handling fee.
- Delivery costs on safes will be automatically calculated upon checking depending on your location in Australia. (You must select the safe shipping method.)
- We are a distributor/reseller, NOT a manufacturer.
This means that we may stock commonly sold items and dispatch within 3 business days, however it is not guaranteed all variations, of all products in quantity are in stock.
Due to this dispatch times may vary depending on the chosen products (as shown below).
This information is to be used as a guide only and is not guaranteed for all purchases.
7+ Business Days
Madinoz (3-4 week lead time)
Made to Order products
5-7 Business Days:
ASSA ABLOY (Lockwood, Whitco, Yale etc)
Halliday & Baillie
4-5 Business Days:
2-3 Business Days:
Please enquire within if a brand you are looking for is not mentioned above.
- Factors that will affect this time include: Large orders, ordering from multiple brands, keying alike or to sample keys etc. Certain items will clearly note an extended waiting time such as Lockwood products or items that are MTO (Made to order).
- We make every effort to dispatch your order within these lead-times, however due to the above reasons we cannot guarantee this.
Please email email@example.com if you wish to enquire about a dispatch.
- Once your parcel has been dispatched we will notify you of your tracking number so you can track your parcel location and ETA. Please be aware that once your parcel has left our warehouse, any updates or tracking details must be taken up with the relevant courier company, NOT our office.
- If you require express postage please contact us on 1800 000 300 to check we have your chosen product required in stock. Please note, an additional charge will apply.
In Store Collection:
- In store collection is available from 5/66 Railway Road, Blackburn VIC 3130. If you have chosen this option upon checkout, please wait for us to contact you to confirm your product is ready for collection. Unfortunately we can't stock all products on our website so there may be a lead time until products are available.
- Contact us for International shipping options.
At The Lock Shop, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with the products you purchase from us. We understand that you may have questions or concerns, and we are here to assist you in making the right choices. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our Returns Policy for a clear understanding of the process.
Contact Us for Assistance
Before making a purchase, if you have any uncertainties regarding our product listings, colour options, or suitability for your specific application, we strongly encourage you to contact us. We want to help you make an informed decision and ensure your satisfaction from the start.
Change of Mind Returns:
To return your purchase for change of mind you must:
- Notify us in writing within 21 days of goods purchased.
- Ensure all returned items are in as new, resalable condition and all accessories are included, undamaged.
However, please note that a restocking fee will apply, and you will be responsible for covering the postage costs for the return.
Again, we kindly request that you contact us prior to returning any items.
We maintain limited stock to offer a wide range of products for our customers. As such, when we receive returned items we return it to our suppliers. The re-stocking fee we charge is solely based on the suppliers charge to us.
- Restocking Fee equal to 20% of the returned/cancelled order items purchase price.
Items that cannot be retuned for change of mind return are:
- Made to Order (MTO) or Special Order items, Additionally Cut Keys.
- Keying Charges i.e. Keyed Alike, Keyed to Differ or Keyed To Sample.
- Items that are damaged or defective as a result of misuse or improper installation.
How to Return:
If you have already spoken with a team member from The Lock Shop, please address your package to the attention of that person by including their name. Your package should labeled to the following address:
- By Postage: Strictly for postage returns ONLY. We do not allow customer access at any time.
The Lock Shop ATTN: [Name] - RETURNS
Order No. (Your Invoice No. Here)
9 Mary Street
On the back of the package, please include your full name and shipping address.
Inside your return package, include a printed copy of your invoice proof of purchase.
- In Person:
Shop 5 / 66-70 Railway Rd, Blackburn VIC 3130
For any further questions or concerns regarding our Returns and Refunds Policy, please do not hesitate to contact our team as we are here to assist you and ensure your satisfaction.
P: (03) 9877 7844 or 1800 000 300
F: (03) 9894 4665